Freelance Digital Marketing
I’m Anna – a freelance digital marketing consultant based in Reading. I started Engage to help small and local businesses like yours succeed online.
With over a decade’s experience in digital marketing, I can help you to improve your website or build a new one from scratch, boost your visibility in Google and improve the engagement you see from social media.
I’ve supported businesses in a variety of industries including travel, food & drink, ecommerce and skilled trade. I understand the challenges you face with running a small business (heck, I’m doing it too!) so I know that you’ll want to see a quick return from results that last. So no matter what your business is, I’d love to meet you and show you how to build an online presence that gets the results you want.
From my varied education and successful work history, I have gained key skills spanning:
- Digital Marketing – maintaining corporate websites and blogs using Content Management Systems and blogging platforms with HTML and CSS, designing and sourcing imagery, designing and maintaining social media and content calendar
- Copywriting – designing, copywriting and publishing targeted web content including email marketing campaigns, case studies, bespoke landing pages and blog posts for specific segments
- Search Engine Optimisation – planning, implementing and analysing SEO, paid social and Google PPC campaigns with associated testing
- Training – coaching and supporting small business owners in the basics of digital marketing to help them become self-sufficient
I taught myself to build websites as a teenager and have since turned my passion for technology into a career. I have worked in a variety of Digital Marketing roles from Web Designer and Webmaster, to Digital Marketing Manager and now Freelance Digital Marketing Consultant with Engage. My career highlights include:
- Driving 17% year-on-year web traffic increase through natural SEO, back-linking and PPC campaigns, and growing social media engagement by over 500% for a boutique consultancy
- Supporting hundreds of independent travel agents on all aspects of their digital marketing strategy, from social media and websites to SEO and marketing plans
- Contributing to increased brand awareness and huge online sales growth at a start-up food and drink e-commerce business
- Founding and maintaining a successful travel blog with over 7,000 loyal cross-platform followers
- Contributing content to various well-known travel companies, including On The Go Tours, G Adventures, Intrepid Travel and Lonely Planet
- Working on various projects as an IT Consultant, including designing an e-commerce website and customer service portal for a major Telecoms client
- Designing websites for friends, family and small businesses in a freelance capacity alongside my media undergraduate degree and computing masters degree
A pleasure to work with!
We're really pleased with what Anna has done with our website. It looks great and does exactly what we need it to. She's provided us with some great advice and is always happy to help. A pleasure to work with!
Thomas Gregory, Plane Arboriculture
A couple of months later I was number 1 on Google
"When I first met Anna, I had a brand new website but I knew nothing about SEO or how to use social media. I implemented her suggestions and a couple of months later I was number one on Google. I still am. It didn't bother Anna that my website isn't even in English. The customised report that she prepared for me was worth its weight in gold, giving me easy-to-adopt advice on website aesthetics, SEO, social media and video. It's scary to think how much time I might have wasted if Anna hadn't been the first consultant I talked to."
Tim Watts, J-UK Golf
The website wouldn't have got to where it is now
"Without you being so switched-on from the very first day we met you, I don’t think the Website would have got to where it is now."